CISM Teams

Home Forums Members Forum CISM Teams

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Schmidt 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mlittell
    Participant

I was wondering which units out there have trained CISM teams up and running? I am getting calls from all over and would like to be able to do the referrals.

Can you let me know what levels: group/individual and what types such as children or suicide.

Thanks

Paul Schmidt
    Participant

Jasper Victim Services is a part of the CISM Team in Jasper, and will adapt our Bylaws in March to show the relationship more clearly, including finances earmarked for CISM training and events. Several Advocates have varying levels of certification from the Group Intervention, Individual Crisis Intervention, Suicide Intervention and Postvention, and Grief following Trauma. The preference is to have Mental Health available for debriefings/defusings, but in some cases senior members of the Team have done defusings/debriefings. If an Advocate stays with the Program for up to 6 years, it is the goal to have offered enough courses that they could attain a Certificate of Specialized training. We do at times offer services to Hinton and Edson, up to 150kms away when requested. I have requested some additional information on CISM Teams in Alberta, and will add it when available.

Paul Schmidt
    Participant

Carreen said that I was okay to add this as well. It doesn’t help with the general population, but still gives an idea of what is available in the Province for Alberta Health Services employees:
    Alberta Health Services EMS has established CISM/Peer Support services in most areas of the province and most EMS are aware of their local contacts. There is a Provincial Coordinator that is currently in the process of building a province wide service. For more information about the provincial AHS EMS CISM/Peer Support program contact Careen Condrotte, Provincial Coordinator at careen.condrotte@albertahealthservices.ca or by phone at (780) 538-5438 (Note: This is the office number not an emergency/after hours number). These programs do not serve individuals outside of emergency services.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.